22.3.04

First birthday presie

My birthday is on Friday -yep, 26th March, Aries! ...so now you start to understand...

My friend Male is taking me on Saturday to see Ojos de Brujo, this mixed up band I love that is a bit of flamenco, a much of mestizo fusion, a hip-hop sense of rythm, a somewhat punk attitude and a great, great live act!!!

For those who don't know the band, here's a handful of reviews, and click-and-listen stuff to get an idea:

BBC - Radio 3 WOMAD 2003 - Ojos de Brujo profile

Flamenco-world.com / Interview with Ojos de Brujo

BBC - Radio 3 Awards for World Music 2003 - Ojos de Brujo

Thank you, Malena, babe!!! She's going through a bad moment now, so it's going to be great to get together and have a long-deserved laugh and kick ass at our exs. I shall spend the night there, in Sitges -great coast town, nice now it's not peak season.

No hay comentarios: